Friday, September 20, 2013

Getting to Know Second-Year SLIS Student Jamie Stanaway


1) Where are you from? Any interesting facts about your hometown?


Exeter, California. Home of murals and old people.


2) When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A veterinarian until I saw a goat get neutered. When I came to after fainting, I realized that I needed to rethink the future.  That was too much reality for an 11 year old.


3) What did you study as an undergraduate? Why?
Human Communication. Study of effective communication as well as ethics and philosophy.  Basically, a really awesome major that I use every day, but one that won't get you a job.

4) If you were a cheese, what would you be? Why?
Brie. Because I'm all mush. Cry easy, scare easy, laugh easy.

5) Michael Jackson or Prince? Why?
James Brown! The original funk
 
6) Do you have any pets? Show us a picture!
Yes, some mischievous cats.

Here is Ignatius "Iggy" planning a ninja drop
7) What historical figure do you think you would be friends with? Why?
Grumpy cat. Because neither of us believes in meeting your idols. You'll only be disappointed.

8) What are you most nervous about this semester? Why?
Other than the apocalypse? (Thanks Jordan)....probably missing something in my online class and failing

9) What are you most looking forward to this semester? Why?
Working hard, but also taking time out for myself to go to the movies, read, and enjoying the outdoors before the snow starts
10) What do you love about archives?!
I love learning about people throughout history who may not have a wikipedia page or you may not be able to just Google them, but they existed and contributed to history nonetheless. I also love the idea of people like you and me not being forgotten and continuing to live on...even if it is just for an archivist 100 years from now. Pretty stinkin' awesome.











This pic is of me at Disneyland circa 1989 with a bear character passed out on a bench behind me. Those Country Bears partied hard in the '80s!

No comments:

Post a Comment