Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Getting to Know Second-Year SLIS Student Michelle Dubert-Bellrichard


1) Where are you from? Any interesting facts about your hometown?

I'm from Cuba City, Wisconsin. http://www.cubacity.org/index.php A town of 2000 located in the Southwest corner of the state. The most interesting fact about my hometown currently is that the city council has it out for my family's mulberry tree and is petitioning to cut it down. Basically, Cuba City hates trees, I guess.

2) When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

When I was little, I wanted to be a waitress. They just seemed to have so much spunk.

3) What did you study as an undergraduate? Why?

Nerd alert! I was a history major with a minor in international studies. BUT, I almost minored in sociology and gender studies. I was a well-rounded social sciences major with no real life skills. Hello, library school!
4) If you were a cheese, what would you be? Why?

I would most definitely be a Havarti with dill, because I have a semi-soft body and a tangy personality. Was that a creepy answer? I also just really like Havarti with dill.


5) Michael Jackson or Prince? Why?
You have no idea how hard this question was for me. I love both MJ and Prince in so many ways, but if I had to choose one...Prince. Prince is such a magnificent weirdo, and I could watch Purple Rain every day until I die. I cannot say the same thing for Captain EO. I also like to spend my free time seeking out Prince impersonators, not MJ ones. Oh god, I have revealed too much.

6) Do you have any pets? Show us a picture!

YES! I have a three-year-old kitty with a weight problem. His name is Harvey.



7) What historical figure do you think you would be friends with? Why?

Ed Gein. He has inspired a lot of horror movies I like, and I think it would be wise to thank him. He also has a great sense of fashion. 

8) What are you most nervous about this semester? Why?
Finding time to re-watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That show needs to be re-watched every few months.

9) What are you most looking forward to this semester? Why?

Finishing watching the show Angel, so I can go back to watching Buffy! Why? Because Buffy is way better than Angel. There, I said it.

10) What do you love about archives?!
  
I love that archives are our memory keepers. They strive to collect, share, preserve, and make accessible the stories of our past. It's such noble work. 

Pictured above is an eleven-year-old me at the height of my awkward stage with former senator Ted Kennedy.  This was taken at one of Al Gore's Presidential campaign rallies in 2000.  This was also the day I vowed to never let my mother cut my hair again.  Quite a historic day!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment