Friday, September 13, 2013

Getting to Know Second-Year Laurel Gildersleeve

Hi!

1.) South Carolina. Winnsboro has the oldest working clock tower in the nation and is home to the South Carolina Railroad Museum.

2.) I did not think much about what I wanted to be. Tests and friends always told me I would be a teacher or a librarian.

3.) I started in art history, then moved to cinema studies. I have always been interested in art, particularly film, as a tool for literacy.

4.) I would be comte. Nutty and textured, yet elegant.

5.) I dislike the music of both Michael Jackson and Prince (and no-I will not apologize.)

6.) No pets, but I miss my kitten Cuddles whom I adopted at age 9, and my horse Billy. Both died this year. RIP Cuddles & Billy.




7.) I would be friends with Man Ray. He had a flexible, creative, and curious mind. Also we like the same people.

8.) I am nervous about managing my time because there is so much cool stuff I want to do at SLIS!

9.) I am looking forward to going back to Circus World. Spending time with Archivist Pete Shrake and inspecting circus films is a great way to spend an afternoon.

10.) I love the possibilities the archives provide to open up new worlds and new ways of thinking. I also love my fellow archivists! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment