Friday, September 13, 2013

Getting to Know Second-Year SLIS Student Jordan Radke


1) Where are you from? Any interesting facts about your hometown?
I am from Eden Prairie, MN, which is about 20 minutes south of the Twin Cities.  One interesting fact about Eden Prairie to note is that the movie Mallrats was filmed at the old Eden Prairie Mall!  Thankfully now that dump of a mall has been remodeled and expanded into a lovely place.

2) When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
As a child I think I dreamed of getting all the typical jobs, but I played enough soccer to really hope of becoming a professional soccer player.

3) What did you study as an undergraduate? Why?
Well it took me a while to finally land on a major because I went to architecture school for a year, then moved on to business school before finishing my undergrad in history.  I actually ended up with a certificate in European Studies as well, because you know I use that everyday...

4) If you were a cheese, what would you be? Why?
Hmm that's a tough question because I like all kinds of cheese but I think I would be some kind of sharp cheddar with peppers in it.  Why?  Because you are what you eat.

5) Michael Jackson or Prince? Why?
I have to pick MJ despite the fact that Prince lives/lived in the city next to me (Chanhassen).

6) Do you have any pets? Show us a picture!
Unfortunately I never lived in a pet heavy household knowing that the only pet I've ever had were hermit crabs.  Turns out they don't like to be petted or can play fetch.

7) What historical figure do you think you would be friends with? Why?
Not so sure I would be friends with him but my favorite historical figure is Napoleon Bonaparte.  I just find him very ambitious (maybe too much) and courageous.

8) What are you most nervous about this semester? Why?
Zombie Apocalypse. 

9) What are you most looking forward to this semester? Why?
Zombie Apocalypse.

10) What do you love about archives?!
I love all the historical items that have been preserved throughout history.  To look and touch something that helped shape our world is one of the most fascinating things to me.


The pictures I included are of me in Denver camping this past summer and me with a stingray from my high school senior cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment