Friday, September 13, 2013

Getting to Know Second-Year SLIS Student Gwen Sieja


1) Where are you from? Any interesting facts about your hometown?

Toledo, Ohio. Toledo is home to two minor league sports teams with a couple of the least threatening mascots ever: the Mudhens (baseball) and the Walleye (hockey).

 2) When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Either a paleontologist or an astronaut. But preferably both.

3) What did you study as an undergraduate? Why?
Political Science and International Studies. To this day, I am not really sure why. That being said, I did get to take a lot of interesting classes and ended up with a well-rounded liberal arts education.

4) If you were a cheese, what would you be? Why?
Goat. I have a distinctive goat-y flavor that people either love or hate, plus I taste good on salads.

5) Michael Jackson or Prince? Why?
MJ 'nuff said.

6) Do you have any pets? Show us a picture!
Do the spiders in my apartment count?


7) What historical figure do you think you would be friends with? Why?
Benjamin Franklin (create link to http://teachingamericanhistory.org/library/document/to-the-royal-academy-of-farting/). Because I am twelve and find this hilarious.

8) What are you most nervous about this semester? Why?
Suppressing my urge to procrastinate enough to avoid falling behind in my first online class.

9) What are you most looking forward to this semester? Why?
All of the awesome new skills I'm going to learn both in and out of class.
10) What do you love about archives?!
I was initially drawn to the idea of being able to bring history to the public using modern technology. But holding Civil War letters in my hands and thinking of all of the history behind them is really cool, too.



Photo from the archive: Me, age 2-ish, gasping at something scandalous. Or possibly stuffing my face with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment